Armistice Centenary Grants Program Funding Round Opens
16 Nov 2017
I am pleased to announce the grant round for the Armistice Centenary Grants Program is open, and applications are sought for local community-based projects and activities that will commemorate the end of the First World War and remember Australian service men and women from all conflicts.
Lyons has a funding pool of $50,000 available for commemorative projects. A Community Consultation Committee will be established in Lyons and I will be seeking the local community's views on how to most appropriately commemorate the centenary.
At this stage I am accepting Expressions of Interest to be emailed to email@example.com. Please outline what you have planned, who you are, how you will let people know the event is on, and what benefits your suggestion adds to your local community.
Eligible activities include (but are not limited to):
- the public commemoration of the Centenary of Armistice Day
- new war memorials, where none exists and where the new memorial will be the focus of community commemoration
- new honour boards/rolls or plaques
- the restoration of existing war memorials, honour boards/rolls and plaques
- the preservation, interpretation and display of wartime and military memorabilia and artefacts
- the publication of wartime histories (e.g. unit histories, local wartime histories and letters from service men and women) where similar works have not previously been published
- educational and cultural projects with a military heritage focus
- school initiatives/projects undertaken by students which focus on military involvement and social impacts relevant to the community
Who is eligible?
- have been invited by the local member to submit an application. The grant amount and project applied for must be the same as what is reported by the local member to DVA
- be one of the following organisation types:
– an incorporated association (if seeking funding of $10,000 or more)
– an ex-service organisation
– a not for profit community organisation
– a school, or other educational institution
– a museum or cultural institution
– an historical association
– an Australian local government body
You can also visit the following website for more information:
Applications close 15 January 2018.
I encourage you to apply ASAP – please do not leave it to the last minute at this busy time of year.